Depression : Client/Family Education
- Nature of illness
- What to expect as illness progresses
- Symptoms associated with illness
- Ways for family to respond to behaviors associated with illness
- Management of the illness
- Connection of exacerbation of symptoms to times of stress
- Appropriate medication management
- Side effects of medications
- Importance of not stopping medications
- When to contact healthcare provider
- Relaxation techniques
- Social skills training
- Daily living skills training
- Support services
- Financial assistance
- Legal assistance
- Caregiver support groups
- Respite care
- Home healthcare
- Has client established trust with at least one staff member?
- Is anxiety level maintained at a manageable level?
- Is delusional thinking still prevalent?
- Is client able to interrupt escalating anxiety with adaptive coping mechanisms?
- Is client easily agitated?
- Is client able to interact with others appropriately?