Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) : Hypertension
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)
- Give antihypertensive drugs to stable patients.
- Monitor for adverse effects of antihypertensive drugs.
- Reinforce teaching about drugs and lifestyle management.
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP)
- Obtain accurate BP readings in outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Report high or low BP readings immediately to RN.
- Check for postural changes in BP as directed.
Role of Other Team Members
- Obtain a diet history from the patient.
- Teach the components of the DASH diet.
- Provide instructions for dietary changes as needed.
- Physical Therapist
- Assess patient’s current level of fitness.
- Develop an exercise plan with the patient.