The Preschooler and Family : Nutrition
- Estimated daily calories of preschoolers is about 1000 to 1800 calories
- Some preschoolers still have food habits that are typical of toddlers such as food fads and strong taste preferences.
- Continue to provide healthy snacks and meals from a variety of foods
- Vitamin supplements should still be treated as medicine and kept in safe locations
- By the age of 5, children are more agreeable to trying new foods
- Experts recommend 60 mins of exercise per day for 6 years and older to prevent obesity and cardiovascular disease in combo with nutrition